Loading...
 

MHCA Area Director's meeting minutes

September 2018 Area Directors' meeting minutes

chuckkrei Friday 23 of November, 2018
MIDVALE HEIGHTS COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING MINUTES
TUESDAY September 25, 2018, 6:45 pm
SEQUOYA LIBRARY
Present: J. Chipault, C. Kreimendahl, G. Poulson, E. Mackey, T. Jarvis, L. Raihala, S. Rudman, E. Rogers, J. Lager
Also present: Steve Fitzsimmons, Ben Nyquist
1. Chipault called the meeting to order at 6:47 p.m. Introductions followed.
2. August minutes: Motion/2nd to approve. Motion carried.
3. Chipault presented Treasurer Rotter’s Financial Report. Funds on hand were $42,996.61. Garage sale coordinators reported 37 sales and almost broke even for our budget. Reviewed Segoe Concerts outlays.
4. No legislative reports available.
5. The October Annual Meeting will start at 6:30 on 10/23. Volunteers are welcome to set up chairs at 5:30 and clean up afterwards. Poulson will get coffee, Lamb cider and Board members treats. Rogers will send out post card invitations. Raihala will introduce guest speaker, Megan Hile, Madison Chocolate Company owner. Chipault may prepare a slide show of MHCA projects/accomplishments. Rogers will check on T-ball plaque with PTO. Rotter/Mackey will present gift to Mike Pressman. Poulson will thank Terese Berceau. Elections are for even-numbered area directors.
6. Neighborhood Watch needs to donate to Midvale Lutheran for meeting room use. Motion/second to donate $500. Motion carried.
7. Santa Visits-skipped/tabled.
8. Membership-Paul Haskew is retiring from membership committee duties. Jarvis counted 444 members this year, and will be setting aside new directories for late registrants, to be delivered by Kreimendahl. Westmorland has expressed interest in partnering with MHCA on the local business Discount Cards, for which we should form a committee come winter/spring.
8a. Appointment of Ben Nyquist, Area 13 resident to the Board. Motion/second; motion carries.
8b. Detailed discussion of 911 call by resident on Shelia Stubbs during election campaign. Noted extensive publicity about the drug house/racial bias issue. Do we need an action plan? What response? Will aim toward contacting stakeholders about setting up a meeting or forum to discuss inclusion/safety issues.

Announcements:
Lamb will continue search for newsletter editor. Announced that Sept/Oct newsletter is a bit late this month, but is at the printer.
Meeting adjourned by motion at 8:31 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by C. Kreimendahl, Secy.